We have a box with tomcat and apache installed with JRE 1.4.2. For
reasons I cannot give here I cannot upgrade the JRE but a security scan
has highlighted that I have to upgrade apache from 1.3.29 to 1.3.41, but
not to apache2.

I am unsure that if I do an upgrade on apache alone whether it will
break tomcat. I am also unsure as to what version of tomcat I am
running. I believe that it is pre-version 5.0 as there are no convenient
 version.sh scripts to run and the manager service is disabled so cannot
try to call the webservice to find out.

I am also chasing a tight time line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--