> From: Kelly.Graus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Tomcat 6 Deploy to subdirectory
>
> Now I want to deploy the app so that I can run it by going to
> www.mysite.com/lessons/download.  I changed the path in my
> META-INF/context.xml file to be /lessons/download

The path attribute is not allowed in a <Context> element in
META-INF/context.xml, so take it out.

To do this directly, you must put the <Context> element in
conf/Catalina/[host]/lessons#download.xml (yes, the # is required),
rather than in your webapp's META-INF directory.  You will also need to
keep the app outside of the <Host> appBase directory, and add a docBase
attribute pointing to the location of the .war file.

See the doc for details:

You could also write a simple filter or a dummy webapp to forward
requests for lessons/download to the real URI of the application.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.