I am running Tomcat 5.5 on a 4 CPU Sun Fire v440 system running Solaris 10.

My client is a Windows application that is issuing web service requests via
keep alive connections.

We see throughput increase when we go from 1 client thread to 2 client
threads, but when we run more than 2 threads we see no additional
throughput.

Tomcat seems to only be hitting one CPU and the load on this CPU never goes
above 25%...

Any ideas to boost throughput would be appreciated.