Nilesh Yadav wrote:
how it is behaving like this??even though the env.var is set in the
profile but application failed to recognise/take it.

When running as a service, lots if stuff in the profile is ignored. Mapped drives and environment variables are the most obvious.

can anyone suggest me ragarding this issue??/ how can i set this
environment variable in different manner so my applications will
recognise this at run time.

Use the Java tab of the tomcat6w.exe program in Tomcat's bin directory.

Mark