not sure why, but my main log file that logs exceptions for some reason looks
like the examples log file...my connections monitoring tool shows about 25
connections, which really shouldn't be happening at all (theoretically).

Not sure why that is happening, either, though it's tough to tell when the log
files aren't capturing anything.

my server.xml file looks like this:

 <Context path="/changectrl" docBase="changectrl"
         debug="0" reloadable="false" crossContext="true" useNaming="true">

              prefix="localhost_DBTest_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

keep in mind, I'm not in 5.x or 6.x so the path and docBase are ok, but still.

It's been working fine prior to now....maybe a little spotty now and then, with
regards to some latency in the connections growing and an exception occurring
that would match it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Barry Propes