Hi,

Suppose I have the following in my server.xml:

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true" xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
  <!-- Serve foo from the root dir of the Tomcat server -->
  <Context path="" docBase="foo" debug="0" reloadable="false" cookies="false" />
  <!-- Serve the root webapp from the /root context path -->
  <Context path="/root" docBase="ROOT" debug="0" />
</Host>

This causes Tomcat to deploy two instances of the "foo" webapp - one
as path "/foo/" and one as "/".  I only want one instance deployed at
"/".  Any ideas?

This is the only strategy I've found for replacing the ROOT app with
my own. I suppose I could just manually stop the "/foo/" app in the
manager, but that wouldn't help in situations where my server might
reboot without my knowledge (I'm using a shared VPS server).  I wasn't
able to find any Host or Context configuration elements that would
prevent the "/foo/" app from automatically starting on server start
without also preventing the "/" app from being started.  I'm using
Tomcat 5.5.26 on Linux.

Thanks,
Alex