Hello Chris,

      Thank for your reply and yes. It seems System.out is subtle at that
moment and it is not a good indicator for validation. I have re-written
something else and it works fine.

But let me elaborate what i want to achieve. I would like to deliver a alert
email when the JVM shutdown. The root cause why the shutdown hook does not
work because there is a hidden exception at the previous implementation
because the webapp class loader reject to load the class after tomcat has
been shutdown.

So i have to use a separate thread with appropriate context class loader to
execute my shutdown hook.

Thank
Twinsen.

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Christopher Schultz <