Oh, yes, I've seen that too.  I've spent so much time fighting this
problem that I now keep both 'ctx.xml' and 'ctx.xml.saved' in each
host directory, and always edit the .saved version and copy it over,
so that I don't lose my work when Tomcat destroys the live context
file.

But I haven't seen it happen recently.  I may have been keeping the
affected '.war's in the appbase directory, and then moved them out.
The fundamental rule seems to be:  don't keep any part of your app. in
Tomcat's own directories, except a context specifier, if you expect
Tomcat not to meddle with it.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Typically when a software vendor says that a product is "intuitive" he