> From: Nathan Wilhelmi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: RE: TC6 classpath problem...
>
> I don't know how to get JSVC to start without it though,
> every example I can find of JSVC has the minimal classpath
> variables I listed.

That's odd, because every example I looked at and especially the actual
Tomcat doc itself shows only bin/bootstrap.jar, and that is specified by
the -cp command line option on jsvc, not the CLASSPATH environment
variable.  You need that -cp of the one jar and a few desirable system
properties settings (look in the scripts for those), nothing else.
Setting that mess you had will certainly destroy Tomcat's expected
classloader hierarchy.  Read this:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/setup.html#Unix%20daemon

BTW, tools.jar has not been needed since the first release of 5.5.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.