Francis,

I have followed your suggestion of using a <VirtualHost> but also made
use of a suggestion I found on a website which talked about putting
mod_rewrite rules inside the VirtualHost element along with the
JkMount command inside. And wow! it works great. :)) Thank you!

The only thing that's still unsolved is how do I redirect aboutus.html
permanently to aboutus.jsp (and 9 more such pages). I can follow the
same concept and put all those rules inside the VirtualHost, but I was
wondering if that would have performance implications? Is there anyway
I can .htaccess into play?

Thanks,
Shashi

<VirtualHost *:80>