Thank you a lot.

Alan Chaney wrote:
I do a lot of downloads of large files (several 10's of MB). Firefox seems to limit its transfer rate to about 100 kbps (that is, kilobits per sec). If you are using linux, try doing a 'wget' on the file instead of using a browser.

300,000 bytes is 2,400,000 bits (approx) so to take 2 minutes = 120 secs
implies a bit rate of 10,000 bits per sec. I don't for a moment believe that is a limitation of tomcat (I regularly stream continuously 40 MBitsPerSec with hardly any CPU)

Here are various random thoughts:

1. Some kind of timeout (maybe DNS?)
localhost is on the hots file

2. Swapping (you say CPU = 100% what about memory usage?)
memory still ok

3. Some kind of lock contention.
I will try to find out.

HTH

Bruno Matos wrote:
Hello,

Tank you every one.

I connect to localhost and my CPU stays in 100% all the time.

Open directly the xml file take no time at all.

Alan Chaney wrote:
One a similar vein, exactly how do you connect firefox to the server? Directly, or via some kind of network connection. If its a network, what's the bandwidth?

Alan Chaney

Christopher Schultz wrote:

Bruno Matos
Analista de Sistemas PardigmaXis - Engenharia e Arquitectura de Software, S.A
Avenida da Boavista, 1043
4100-129 Porto
Portugal

Tel: (+351) 22 605 48 72