Hi guys,

I'm just a bit puzzled, maybe one of you can shed some light:

We're running Tomcat 5.5 here having created a JDBC-realm holding our
users & their credentials:

      <Realm    className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
                connectionPassword=somePassword"
                userCredCol="user_pass"
                userTable="users"
                driverName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
                connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://someDatabase"
                connectionName="sameName"
                digest="MD5"
                userNameCol="user_name"
                userRoleTable="user_roles"
                roleNameCol="role_name" />

The DDL of the MySQL-Tables shows like

users:

user_name   varchar(40) PRI
user_pass    varchar(50)
user_group   int(11)
user_ID        int(11)

user_roles:

user_name varchar(40)
role_name  varchar(15)
sso_table   varchar(40)

However, we've just discovered that Tomcat doesn't care at all abot
case-sensivity of the user-names being entered.

Example:

User-Name: Scrooge
Password:   McDuck

I can enter Scrooge, scrooge, SCROOGE, sCrOoGe - any combination is accepted.

Did I miss something here that this is a Tomcat-"feature"....?

I ran through the Tomcat-docs but couldn't find any hint on that issue.

Needless to say that personally I find this behaviour quite annoying
and would die for a hint how to get rid of that behaviour.

TIA

gregor

gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2