One is static (translation time) the other dynamic (runtime).
http://tinman.cs.gsu.edu/~raj/oracle10/web.1013/b14430/workjsp.htm

On Jun 3, 2008, at 12:21 PM, Jonathan Mast wrote:

I don't think they are exactly the same.  I had something that was not
working with <jsp:include> but did for <%@ include %>.

I understand <jsp:...> this the new, XML-complaint way to do things, but there must be subtle differences in how things are being done between these
2 approaches.