On 10 Jun 2008 at 17:20, Christopher Schultz wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Steve Ochani wrote:
> | Off topic remark. I hope you don't use [Fedora Core 8] on
> production
> machines. Fedora is not
> | designed for that.
>
> What leads you to that conclusion?

1. When Fedora project was started I remember reading that it was almost like a
testbed for
testing new apps/open source projects to be put into Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

2. 6 month support cycle isn't exactly something that is long lasting/reliable
for production
systems. (IMO 3 years is a min.)

3. The past history of "stable"ness of some versions, such as version 7.

If someone is looking for a Red Hat type linux distro that is stable, long
support time/cycle
then they should consider CentOS.

-Steve O.