Steven Probetts wrote:
Thanks for your replies.
Couple of things, I'm in Australia so that is why I don't get back to you straight away. Also, I hope I'm replying properly and that this message get put in the correct location in the thread list.

To deploy I:
Stopped tomcat
added the war file to my wars directory
edited the context fragment file (in conf/Catalina/localhost/mycontext.xml to point the docBase attribute to the correct war file)
started tomcat

I am wondering if maybe I didn't 'undeploy' the app in the Tomcat manager (or another manager app called probe).

You need to do something to tell Tomcat that the context.xml has changed and that the classes etc need to be reloaded. Restarting Tomcat will do that but there might be a less invasive way. Have you tried re-loading just the changed webapp. Both Tomcat manager app and probe (assuming that is lambdaprobe, an excellent tool) will let you do that.

Mark