> From: Zaher Srour [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: very large catalina logfile...
>
> <!-- disabled the listener to avoid the warning during shutdown.
> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"/>
> -->

That's the listener for the APR native-code connector (tcnative-1.dll); if you
don't have it installed, it's o.k. to comment it out.  However, the listener
itself is not likely to be the source of the excessive log messages.

> <!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009
> <Connector port="8009"
> enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" protocol="AJP/1.3" />
> -->

That's the AJP connector used when front-ending Tomcat with httpd.  If you're
not using httpd, it's appropriate to remove the connector.  Unless you have
something poking messages at port 8009, it also shouldn't have been a problem.
Removing it does reduce overhead slightly.

I have doubts that either of the above by itself was causing the problem.
However, if you actually do have the APR .dll file installed, it may be broken
or misconfigured, which perhaps could produce the symptoms you're seeing.  If
you comment out the listener, you should also delete or rename that .dll file.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.