From: "Mark Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: Problems with jsp include files in sub-directories

> Andrew Connick wrote:
> > I'm having problems with the jsp includes directive where the jsp is in
a sub-directory.
> > I have 2 subdirectories:
> > /admin
> > /segments
> >
> > index.jsp contains the line <%@ include file="/segments/setup.jsp" %>
which is fine

> > admin/index.jsp also contains the line <%@ include
file="/segments/setup.jsp" %>
> > This is fine in my test environment, and used to work in my live
environment (hosted by an external company) but has recently stopped
working.

> > I suspect the issue is that Tomcat now sees sub-directory /admin as a
separate context. I believe I have proved this by running a simple
admin/test.jsp that displays the results of request.getContextPath(). This
shows blank in test and /admin in live.

> > Given that it used to work and has now stopped, I think the hosting
company should be able to correct this. However I am having considerable
difficulty with this approach. As I cannot re-create the situation in my
testing, I am not too sure how to proceed.

> > So, I suppose my real questions are:
> > - Is the way I have structured my code correct ?
> > - How do I stop Tomcat treating each sub-directory as a different
context (more specifically, how do Instruct the hosting company) ?