Tim Hunt wrote:
If I comment out the 'Include /etc/httpd/conf/working_mod_jk2.conf' line from
httpd.conf and restart, it serves simple .jsp pages as text (not processed)
Storing httpd content and Tomcat content in the same directory structure is asking for a world of security pain (generally of the source code disclosure variety) unless you know exactly what you are doing and are very careful. I would add separating out your httpd content and your Tomcat content to the top of your to do list.

Mark