Rename your app ROOT (case is important here) and it will become the default webapp.
--David

vibhuti wrote:
Hi

I've been trying to set my application as default application using tomcat6
but none of the approaches I tried worked.
First, I created a file <app-name>.xml in /tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost
folder but this did not make my application default. It worked on tomcat5
but not on tomcat6. Following are the entries of my myapp.xml file:

<Context path="" debug="0" privileged="true" docbase="/myapp" />

I want to access my application as: http://localhost:8080/ instead of
http://localhost:8080/myapp

Second, I tried creating context.xml in /webapps/myapp/META-INF folder with
same contents as given above but that didn't work.

It is written in tomcat docs that the <Context> tag should not be used in
server.xml, but adding the tag to server.xml seemed the only solution. Also,
when I added <Context> tag to server.xml it worked but the context seemed to
be loaded twice by tomcat.

Is there any alternative to adding <context> tag to server.xml file?  Why is
it not advisable to add the <context> tag in server.xml?

Please provide a workaround for this. It is urgent.

Thanks