> From: Olivier Fourel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Tomcat 5.5 hanged . Thread Dump Analyze
>
> our Tomcat production server hanged again.
> We made 2 thread dumps with few minutes between them.

The only thing I found suspicious is that PermGen is at 99% in both of them.
(You also have a tonne of non-Tomcat threads running around, but none appear
hung; I presume your webapps created these and will dispose of them properly at
an appropriate time.)

If you are filling up the PermGen, you should be getting log entries for the
OOMEs being thrown - unless something in your webapps is catching them and
throwing them away.  PermGen exhaustion is frequently caused by poor
application design, hanging on to references to classes that should be
discarded.  This link (from the Tomcat FAQ) contains some interesting comments:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/spring/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=2669

You might try increasing the PermGen size, but that is likely only to delay the
inevitable until you fix the memory leak.  You can monitor the PermGen growth
with JConsole with little impact on performance.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.