----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry Atrick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 12:19 AM
Subject: Retrieving tomcat log files within war

Is there a way to programmically retrieve the tomcat log files? I can
reconstruct the log location by doing a

new File(System.getProperty("catalina.base")), logFileIwant  )

but I'm wondering if there's a better way...

Anyone had any experience with doing this?

It all happens thru that conf/logging.properties file... so no I dont think you'll find a simple solution. The files are also time stamped so they change all the time, and make sure you read them "read only" else MS systems will give you an error... I think it will take some work

Search the archive there was also a discussion where some guy just made the log folder into a web app, available thru the browser... maybe thats for you...

Have fun...

The only real POJO Application Server.