Thanks. I have placed the files/codes in the right spots and when I do
localhost:8080/mywebapp/rewrite-status I get the urlrewrite page.

But what i need is when a user types in the browser www.mydomain.com, it
should go to http://00.00.00.00:8080/mywebapp/welcome.action but still
display http://www.mydomain.com and when I click on a link, it should take
my to ex. http://00.00.00.00:8080/mywebapp/register.action but in the
address bar show http://www.mydomain.com/register.action.

Can you use this example for the urlrewrite and where to place the codes?

Thanks.