search your tomcats server.xml file for "8005" and you will se that this port has been declared at the very top
<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

this is the so called shutdown port, you just have to change this in your second tomcat to for example 8006.

Edi skrev:
I have installed JDK1.5 in my local system,

And 1 tomcat5.0 installed in c drive. during the installation, i have given
port 8080
And 1 tomcat5.0 installed in e drive. during the installation, i have given
port 8081

during both tomcat installation, i have specified c:\program
files\java\jdk1.5 path.

First i have started c: tomcat startup.bat, it is started.

after i tried d: tomcat start.bat, it is not started.

But I got exception like

StandardServer.await: create[8005]: java.net.BindException: Address already
in use: JVM_Bind

For Both tomcat's installation, i have given the same JDK1.0 path only. Is
there any need to install one more JDK1.5 (each tomcat needs, separate
jdk1.5 or not ?)

Please advise

From: Christian Andersson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Peter Crowther skrev:
If you
are not careful when tuning the system, you might find that
one application in one Tomcat/JVM runs out of memory although
there is plenty of spare memory in the system.  If you put
them all into one Tomcat/JVM, the applications all use the
same (larger) memory pool.

And what happens if you get one "rough" application stealing all the
memory? probably all your applications will stop functioning..
Yes.  Certainly memory leaks are much more troublesome in a single JVM.

For me it is always better to have 1 application crash, then >1
Given a high enough hardware budget that I can spend on RAM, I agree
entirely :-).  Not all of us have that luxury.  I'm sure there are still
finance directors out there with Gates' "640k is enough for anyone" quote
framed on their wall, right by the stone that you have to get blood out of
before you get any budget!

it is also easier to see which application is the guilty one if only
that application crashes..
Much easier!

                - Peter