I have installed tomcat 5.5.26 and JK 1.2.26 on a Windows 2003 Standard
Server running IIS 6.

isapi_redirect.properties, workers.properties, uriworkermap.properties,
server.xml are all configured, and IIS to tomcat jvm AJP connection is
working fine.

However I need to do URL rewriting (may also be referred to as mapping
or translation or path-trimming).

I would like to be able to translate something like
http://servername/xxx/yyy/zzz/ where zzz is a workeruri in AJP to
something like http://servername/zzz/

I have configured isapi to use a rewrite.properties file with the
rewrite_rule_file parameter.  The isapi log file says that this file is
being opened and read, and that the mapping is being entered into the
mapping table.

However when a connection is made to the new URL it is not being
translated.

Example of a simple case:
-workers.properties file
worker.PBLTFUworker.host=localhost
worker.PBLTFUworker.port=7181
worker.PBLTFUworker.type=ajp13
worker.list=PBLTFUworker

-uriworkermap.properties file
/PBLTFU/*=PBLTFUworker

-rewrite.properties file
/ABC/=/PBLTFU/

http://localhost/PBLTFU/  works fine - IIS connects to /PBLTFU container
in tomcat jvm with AJP connector answering on port 7181
http://localhost/ABC/ does not connect at all - isapi log file suggests
translation is not being made.

Is rewrite.properties supposed to work with isapi_redirect.dll and IIS
6?
If so, are there any tricks to doing URL rewriting or path trimming?

(I did try to find answers to this in the list archives, but it is not
obvious to me how to search the archives.)

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Regards,
Bob
NY USA