Zemian Deng wrote:
am I sure? I think it is.

Well, I gave explicit 4 little instructions to repeat exactly what I found.

I read your post and by simply touch/create a empty file under
$CATALINA_BASE/conf/logging.properties and that indeed fixed the problem and
server starts up fine.

Thank's for that information, that's what I needed.

So call it same problem or not, it's up to you guys. All I am saying is that
using the CATALINA_BASE doesn't work with 6.0.18, but worked previously.

We are now pretty sure it's the same problem. Thank's for reporting, I'll add a bugzilla issue.

-Zemian

Rainer