[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
We're running a web environment using RHEL 4, Apache 2.0.52 with Worker
MPM, mod_jk 1.2.20 and jboss/tomcat application servers (Jboss 4 / tomcat55).
There's a firewall between our web and application servers, and I have
read about mod_jk and firewalls (i.e. socket_keepalive = 1).

A weird thing I see is that sometimes, the apache server status page
displays requests/threads in the "W" (sending reply) state up to Apache
timeout, while the Jboss Jk status shows no threads for that client in the
"Service" state.

In addition to Mladen: "W" for apache usually means that it thinks it is working on a request/reponse. I would do a couple of "gstack" for the httpd processes and check, in which stack the processing threads are. Most interesting will be the frames near the top of each stack.

Regards,

Rainer