Christopher Schultz wrote:

Pierre,

Pierre Goupil wrote:
| If what you need is to redirect any request to
| http://www.yoursite.com/yOuRwEbapP (yourwebapp being case insensitive) to
| http://www.yoursite.com/yourwebapp (yourwebapp being case sensitive and
| being the context path to which you have deployed your app to), what you
| need is a servlet filter. Note that what is called "the context path" is
| only the "yourwebapp" part, the "www.yoursite.com" is not a part of it,
| strictly speaking.

Oh, that's a MUCH better idea than mine (to deploy all combinations of
case as redirector apps). The trick is that you must deploy this filter
into the ROOT application specifically.

Do you mean that all requests go first through the ROOT app, no matter what ? and that thus a servlet filter placed in the ROOT app would see *all* requests ? I beleived that requests were being dispatched based on the url-mapping's of the servlets, and if they did not match any, then to the default servlet.

If the above is explained somewhere, can you point me to it ?
Thanks.