Finally i started with monitoring

I was trying to start a remote monitoring with <IP address>:<port>
Instead of that now i'm using the local monitoring of
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

Details which regard the discussion:

Windows XP; apache-tomcat-5.5.26; jdk1.6.0_07; jre1.6.0_07;

There is default configuration for Tomcat server (i unzipped it only) + copy
the necessary .jar files to
{TomcatHome}\common\lib\    folder

I started Tomcat via {TomcatHome}\bin\startup.bat, i go to Program
Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\bin\ and
type: jconsole

and now chose Local process!

Regards

What platform are you on?  The first part of your settings is for
Linux/UNIX, but catalina.bat is for Windows.  How are you starting Tomcat?

If Tomcat and JConsole are running on the same box, all you need is the
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote; the other parts are for remote monitoring
only.  You do not need the java.rmi setting at all.

To monitor a Tomcat on Linux, I do the following before running startup.sh:

export CATALINA_OPTS="-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8999
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false"

(All of the above is on one line, of course.)

Once Tomcat is running, I start JConsole on my Windows box, and simply enter
<host>:8999 in the Remote Process slot of the New Connection dialog box.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.