"André Warnier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Guojun Zhu wrote:
> [...]
>

> Unfortunately, it seems that the servlet API allows only this in
> <url-pattern> specs :
> - A string beginning with a / character and ending with a /* suffix is
> used for path mapping.
> - A string beginning with a *. prefix is used as an extension mapping.
> - A string containing only the / character indicates the "default" servlet
> of the application. In this case the servlet path is the request URI minus
> the context path and the path info is null.

Actually, I don't think that Tomcat supports <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
(although it clearly should under the very brain-dead wording of the spec
here).  There seem to be other spec violations in Tomcat here, since if you
have a one security-constraint for *.do, and another one for /admin/*, then
Tomcat considers both of them for a request to /myapp/admin/foo.do.
However, the spec (at least for v2.5) says that only the /admin/* constraint
should be considered.  And this is where the brain-dead part kicks in :(,
since Tomcat's implementation makes more sense than the spec.  Hopefully
someone will fix this in the Servlet 3.0 spec.