----- Original Message ----- From: "Parks, Lincoln R." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 4:43 PM
Subject: How to run Tomcat with multiple JVM's?

I have two applications that need two different JVM's to run. I am on a
Windows 2k environment. One application needs JVM 1.5 to run and the
other needs 1.4 to run. Is there a way to have Tomcat 5.5 run but
utilize the different JVM's for each application? When I change the
configuration to use 1.5 instead of 1.4 the other app does not work. I
have been searching to find a way to run them on the same server using
5.5 with different JVM's. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Lincoln Parks

Parks, I think you should set TC to 1.5 and run that 1.4 and look at the error logs, or exceptions...
It may be something silly like its just a little lib that it needs...

In theory Sun makes all JRE's backward compat... ie 1.4 & 1.5 all run on jre 1.5 They have to or there would be world wide anarchy and Obama would have to save us... So check it out... you may just be able to drop a little ol lib in with the 1.4 app...

If you have the source then just recompile it on 1.5...

Its pretty common for TC to be say running on JRE 6 with 1.5 apps running... for eg

have fun...
The only real POJO Application Server.