Hi,

I have different instances of tomcat running on different ports of the same
machine.  The processes are running as different users.  In this case could a
user different than the one who launched the process connect to the tomcat
shutdown port and cause the other instance to shutdown?

It seems like I can connect to the shutdown port of the other users tomcat
instances with telnet so I think it appears likely that I could tell the other
tomcat instance to shutdown.

How do I restrict this to only the user who launched the tomcat process?

Thank you,

Fu-Tung