----- Original Message ----- From: "Mathias P.W Nilsson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 10:26 PM
Subject: Tomcat 6 and images

Hi!

I'm using tomcat with wicket framework for my webapplication. My images,
css, flashes resides outside the container and therefor I'm using a Servlet
to serve the files.

Is there any builtin function to get files outside the container?

It always depends on exactly what you up to, how you deploy etc...
But yes... one way is to...

Set the (read up on context stuff) the docbase to an external folder ...
So you have a webapp that works outside of /webapps
Then in your webapp proper... you just adress the URI of that webapps for images.

If you decide later to put the images on say Apache... no problem, same idea.

So you dont really have to write a servlet to do it... although if well done, its nice having that as well.
The browser comes back for images... so just about anything is possible.
The only real POJO Application Server.