it works in part, i have done  this to add a ssoagentvalve:
*
String vname = "Catalina:type=Valve,name=SSOAgentValve,host=" + nameVH;
            ObjectName ovalve = new ObjectName(vname);

            Object valve =
server.instantiate("org.josso.tc60.agent.SSOAgentValve");

org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.Registry.getRegistry().registerComponent(valve,
vname, null);

      *
but the *controller* and *containerName* stay empty. So I've tried to use
that :
* server.setAttribute(ovalve, new
Attribute("containerName","Catalina:type=Host,host=" + nameVH ));

  *And it doesn't work for both of them cause theses are not writable.
I'm going to try to use the host's function addchild  but that was my first
problem: this function doesnt' seem to work and i'm not sure that it will
fill the two missing parameters on the valve...

So, anyone got an idea?

O.V