Gregor Schneider wrote:
Hi guys,

I have quite a bit of a problem here.

Status quo:

We have some heavily framed static html, which now should be served by
Tomcat (5.5) only via SSL.
The whole content needs to be protected, so I've implemented a
FormAuthenticator.

However, the heavy framing *yuck* of this static html is giving me headaches:

When the Tomcat-session times out, the loginForm shows up as expected, however:

When the URl requested is something like

all the outer frames are lost and only the page
"/somehwre/in/my/directory/stuff.html" is displayed.

What I'd like to achieve is a redirect to "/" (index.html" after
entering the credentials into the LoginForm.
Assuming that your login form is a jsp, why don't you put something like this in it:

if(isOKLogin ){
     RequestDispatcher rd = request.getRequestDispatcher("/index.html");
     rd.forward(request, response);
     return;
}
else etc. etc.

-cheers
HH
My hope was that I could solve this with the error-page-directive and
a 403-errorpage, however, there's no HTTP403-status.

I know that a while ago we had a similar problem, subclassed
"org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator" and patched
Tomcat, but this is something I'd like to avoid.

So any ideas how a direct request to the root-context after every
login could be achieved?

TIA

Gregor

--