----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott, Ewan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 1:04 PM
Subject: difference in how applications are displaying

Hi

I  think this may relate to a tomcat setting - but I may be completely
wrong.

I have 2 servers which should be running identical looking webapps under
Apache Tomcat.

Accessing the test app on server 1 from a client using IE6, within the
app, next to a range of data input fields, an arrow icon permanently
exists which, if you click on it, brings  up a lookup table of values.

Accessing the live app on server 2 from the same IE6 client, next to the
range of data input fields the  arrow icon only exists once you hover
the mouse over the relevant area of the browser.

How can I get the arrow icon to appear permanently as in test?

Installed on both servers (Windows 2003):

Java 2 RuntimeEnv SE v1.4.2_15

Java 2 SDX, SE v1.4.2_15

Java TM 6 Update 3

Apache Tomcat 4.1

Regards

Ewan Scott
Hi Ewan... luv this question, if TC had a hall of (sh)fame, this would be in it ;)

No way that TC is making a icon in a web page act weird ;)

Welcome to the wonderful world of browser standards....

Get yourself, FireFox, and Opera, and IE... and test your web apps on every one before they go out.

My guess... you using CSS, the span or div tags are not closed properly and on one browser it works and on another browser it cant see the section until the mouse goes over it.

This is very common... get yourself all those browsers, or this will catch you forever ;) You cannot develop on one browser.... I think I heard a whole bunch of people say... "especially just IE" ;)

have fun...
The only real POJO Application Server.