From: Mark Thomas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 9:07 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat 6 Manager

Susan G. Conger wrote:
> I am trying to use the deployment of a host directory under the tomcat
> manager.

No sure what you mean by deploy a host directory.

  The context path that I want to use is /webapp/bfc.  However
> whenever I try to deploy the directory it gives me an invalid context path
> and it fails to deploy.  What should I put in the context path to have it
> deploy to /webapps/bfc?

webapps is usually the host's appBase. I am a little confused.

A few questions:
- what is the full path to your Tomcat installation?
- what is your host configuration in server.xml?
- what is the full path to the directory you want to deploy?
- what url do you want to use to access this web app?

Mark