Am 22.09.2008, 12:17 Uhr, schrieb Peter Crowther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

From: Mathias P.W Nilsson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Let's say I want a user to access the website in this fashion

https://www.domain1.com ( SSL from thawte )
https://www.domain2.com ( SSL from thawte )
https://www.domain1.se ( SSL from thawte )

What would I have to do to make this work? I only have one
server that is running tomcat 6.

You would have to:

- Obtain and set up 3 different IP addresses for the server;

- Set up DNS to point www.domain1.com to one of the IP addresses, www.domain2.com to another, and www.domain1.se to the third.

- Configure 3 different <Host> elements in your server.xml, each for one of the secure domains;

- Configure each <Host> to use the appropriate certificate from your keystore(s). This is no harder than configuring one Host for SSL, you just need to do it three times :-).

                - Peter

Sorry to kind of hijack this thread, but would it be possible to use one of the certificates linked below with tomcat, when only 1 IP and 1 SSL-Connector is used for different <Host> elements?

http://www.geotrusteurope.com/products/ssl_certificates/true_businessid_mdm.asp
http://www.positivessl.com/ssl-certificate-products/ssl/multi-domain-ssl-certificate.html

Jörg