Hi,

When i debug the code, it doesnt get to the point where i am initialising
the OracleCallableStatement object. It failed just after the initialisation
of the ArrayDescriptor object.

I have tried to change it to use CallableStatement and im now getting
another error. Here is how i've changed it to.

CallableStatement cst =
conn.prepareCall(stp.SUBMIT_CONSIGNMENT_STORED_PROC);

            ArrayDescriptor rectabDescriptor =
ArrayDescriptor.createDescriptor("CCS21_CONSIGNMENTLIST_TYPE",conn);
            ARRAY awbNoHwbs = new
ARRAY(rectabDescriptor,conn,childLessAwbs);
            ARRAY hwbs = new ARRAY(rectabDescriptor,conn,hwbList);

context.xml

      <Resource name="jdbc/ccs21db" auth="Container"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
              url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxx.xxx.xxx:1525:dbsid"
              username="xxx" password="xxx" maxActive="20" maxIdle="10"
              maxWait="-1"/>

web.xml

<resource-ref>
     <description>Oracle Datasource</description>
     <res-ref-name>jdbc/ccs21db</res-ref-name>
     <res-type>oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource</res-type>
     <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>

And here is the stack trace

java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper

    at oracle.sql.ArrayDescriptor.createDescriptor(ArrayDescriptor.java:149)

    at oracle.sql.ArrayDescriptor.createDescriptor(ArrayDescriptor.java:115)

    at
com.abbt.ccs21.data.accessors.ConsignmentDAO.submitDeclaration(ConsignmentDAO.java:301)

    at
com.bt.abccs21.presentation.events.consignments.select.SubmitDeclaration.midAction(SubmitDeclaration.java:68)

    at
com.bt.abccs21.presentation.events.CCS21EventAction.execute(CCS21EventAction.java:36)

    at
org.apache.struts.chain.commands.servlet.ExecuteAction.execute(ExecuteAction.java:58)

    at
org.apache.struts.chain.commands.AbstractExecuteAction.execute(AbstractExecuteAction.java:67)

    at
org.apache.struts.chain.commands.ActionCommandBase.execute(ActionCommandBase.java:51)

    at org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:190)

    at
org.apache.commons.chain.generic.LookupCommand.execute(LookupCommand.java:304)

    at org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ChainBase.execute(ChainBase.java:190)

    at
org.apache.struts.chain.ComposableRequestProcessor.process(ComposableRequestProcessor.java:283)

    at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)

    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:462)

    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647)

    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

    at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)

    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)

    at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)

    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:875)

    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)

    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)

    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)

    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)

    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)