----- Original Message ----- From: "André Warnier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: How to have multiple domains/contexts with Tomcat ? they all go to same context ..

Can you tell us on what kind of host system you are running this ?
It would help guessing where the files are.

Thanks.

P.S.

I am not the expert, but it should indeed be relatively simple, so I'll try. In a nutshell :

- start again from the original "server.xml" file.
- in it, locate the <Host name="localhost" ..>...</Host> section, copy it, and re-insert it after the original section.
- then replace the name="localhost" attribute by name="www.mrpink.com"
- then redo the same one more time, this time with "www.mrblue.com"

The above takes care of letting Tomcat known that there are 3 Virtual Hosts :
- www.mrpink.com
- www.mrblue.com
- and localhost, which will also be (remain) the Host by default, if the name given in the request does not match either of the other ones (for example, if someone calls up http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8180 (with the IP address of your server). (I suggest to keep that one as it is, to access the documentation etc..)

Now what is left is to tell Tomcat where, for each of the virtual hosts, he finds the corresponding documents and webapps. I would recommend to create 2 additional directories, at the same level as your current "webapps", say "webapps-pink" and "webapps-blue". Then move the respective documents/applications in these directories, checking ownership and permissions etc.. They must at least be readable by the user-id running Tomcat.

Now go back to your individual Hosts sections, and change appBase="webapps" by appBase="webapps-pink" and appBase="webapps-blue"

Now restart Tomcat.

You should now be able to access "blue" by calling up "http://www.mrblue.com/mrblue";.

To make this trailing /mrblue go away, you should make this webapp into the ROOT webapp for that virtual server, but for that I'll let an expert give you the instructions.

Have I got it right ?

Any better... and we'll have to pay you a consulting fee ;)

The only real POJO Application Server.