Thanks Mark .I got my answer in the the following line in the document
mentioned by you:

" In other words, any application that is started in the Java SE 6 HotSpot
VM is detected automatically by JConsole, and does not need to be started
using the above command-line option."

Regards,

Subhrajyoti
Mobile: +919830079545
Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: www.labware.com

LabWare LIMS Solutions - Results Count

Mark Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
09/29/2008 04:36 PM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Jconsole working without using any extra System property with
Tomcat6.0  started using Intellij Idea 7.0

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>                     I am running tomcat 6.0 which is confgured through
> Intellij Idea . My objective was to run Jconsole to see it in action .
> Basically I didn't tinker with the catalina.bat file(whatever comes
> bundled with Tomcat) at all . Intellij uses the catalina.bat as a
startup
> and and as shutdown script . So nowhere I set the "
> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote" parameter that needs to be used in order

> to attach the JMX agent to the Java app in order to get some results
using
> the Jconsole. But when I run tomcat through Intellij Idea and when I
start
> Jconsole , it is detecting " org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start
"
> as one of the local process ....
>
> Who is setting the "-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote" parameter in my case
?
No-one. com.sun.management.jmxremote=true by default. See
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/management/agent.html

Mark