----- Original Message ----- From: "AlexM3" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:53 PM
Subject: Tomcat migration from T5 to T5.5 mail

Hello,

I'm migrating a Tomcat Cluster, when I thought everything was working fine,
session cluster, balancing,etc, I noticed that the mails were not send by
the java aplication.

I installed the library mail.jar and activation.jar and configured the
web.xml and the context.xml as the Official Tomcat notes say. The aplication has not changed and can't change, and it works perfect in the old installed
Tomcat 5. The error that I get when the application tries to send the mail
is:

javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp
       at javax.mail.Session.getService(Session.java:760)
       at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:685)
       at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:628)
       ... # More errors lije that

I have read in some forums that the problem could be that Tomcat is loading
that libraries 2 times. I have checked everything and the only folder they
are is $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib and they're not in any other place like
$CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib or $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapplication/*

Anyone has any idea why I have this error?

Thank you very much

Hi Alex, dont know but I think you should go get the new activation and mail jars and try them... just a hunch that if all else is the same, the libs are now old... Those Provider classes are properties inside mail.jar... maybe they have changed... dont know, but worth a try...

Just for Info
I dont use the JNDI and have no problems on any JRE or any Tomcat... so if you get really desperado

I dump the Mail and Act jars into the web app... and getting a session looks like this...

   try{
       java.util.Properties properties = System.getProperties();
       properties.put("mail.smtp.host", smtpHost);
       session = Session.getInstance(properties,null);
   } catch(Exception e) {
          //Oops
   }

It seems not to care if Sun changes its mind...

Have Fun....

The only real POJO Application Server.