http://www.jdocs.com/tomcat/6.0.14/org/apache/catalina/ServerFactory.html
ServerFactory.getServer() will return
org.apache.catalina.ServerFactory

concerning LifecycleListener take a look at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/apache/catalina/LifecycleListener.html

the events that the LifecycleListener reponds to are listed at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/apache/catalina/Lifecycle.html

a brief synopsis of the Lifecycle events described here would be

static java.lang.String
AFTER_START_EVENT

          The LifecycleEvent type for the "component after start" event.

static java.lang.String
AFTER_STOP_EVENT

          The LifecycleEvent type for the "component after stop" event.

static java.lang.String
BEFORE_START_EVENT

          The LifecycleEvent type for the "component before start" event.

static java.lang.String
BEFORE_STOP_EVENT

          The LifecycleEvent type for the "component before stop" event.

static java.lang.String
DESTROY_EVENT

          The LifecycleEvent type for the "component destroy" event.

static java.lang.String
INIT_EVENT

          The LifecycleEvent type for the "component init" event.

static java.lang.String
PERIODIC_EVENT

          The LifecycleEvent type for the "periodic" event.

static java.lang.String
START_EVENT

          The LifecycleEvent type for the "component start" event.

static java.lang.String
STOP_EVENT

          The LifecycleEvent type for the "component stop" event.
for these derived components
AccessLogValve, AuthenticatorBase, Connector, ContainerBase, DeltaManager,
Embedded, ExtendedAccessLogValve, FastCommonAccessLogValve, JDBCAccessLogValve,
JvmRouteBinderValve, PersistentManagerBase, RealmBase, SemaphoreValve,
SimpleTcpCluster, SingleSignOn, StandardManager, StandardPipeline,
StandardServer, StandardService, StoreBase, WebappClassLoader, WebappLoaderthe
derived component StandardServer contains documentation located at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/apache/catalina/core/StandardServer.html
and supports the following attributes

protected  java.lang.String
domain

protected  javax.management.MBeanServer
mserver

protected  javax.management.ObjectName
oname

protected  java.lang.String
suffix

protected  java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport
support

          The property change support for this component.

protected  java.lang.String
type

which implements the interface you are interested in
(javax.management.MBeanRegistration)
JavaDoc listed at
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/management/MBeanRegistration.html

and registers the MBeanServer located at
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/management/MBeanServer.html

you will want to configure your security requirements to ensure accessing each
attribute is permittable

such as what is described in catalina.policy here
grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/-"

{

permission java.util.PropertyPermission "javax.management.MBeanServer",
"read,write";
  permission javax.management.MBeanServerPermission "*";

permission javax.management.MBeanPermission "*", "*";

permission javax.management.MBeanTrustPermission "register";

};

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.