Mark Thomas wrote:
Raghu wrote:
I have developed JSP Struts Polish Application in UTF-8  encoding.

Application interacts with SAP for polish data .I am able to insert the data
into SAP from jsp application running on tomcat.

Application which is working on windows version of polish system (windows XP
)is not working on Linux System.

Polish dialectic signs like ą,ć,ś,ó,ź,ł,ę are turn into # symbols.

Any advice to make the application work on both windows and Linux.

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/CharacterEncoding

Mark

I will not discuss Mark's opinion (that would be dialectic), but to the OP, the word usually used for these letters is diacritic.
See here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diacritic

In addition to what the above Tomcat wiki indicates, you may want to check the "locale" of the process which runs Tomcat.
I have found that setting
LC_CTYPE="xxxxxx" ; export LC_CTYPE
prior to the java command starting Tomcat under Unix/Linux, changes the way in which some webapps react to character sets. (They should not, if they are properly written, but in the practice they often do).

There is a lot more to say on this subject, but if the above is enough to resolve your problem, we'll leave that for another time.