2008/10/14 Thangavel Sankaranarayanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I have compiled a class which resides in a package inside tomcat's
> application ase (i.e classes directory) in a package called admintool
> It is a standalone(static void main() )  and i have compiled and  placed
> over here.The reason for placing here is i am interested in using some of
> the classfiles of one application which is already deploted in the
> application.
> So i have placed here.I am getting NOCLASSDEFFOUND ERROR,inspite of setting
> the classpath to it!!
>
> Please any one can help me on this?

As far as I understand your description, both classpath and classname
that you are trying are wrong.

When running java, the classname argument should be the full name
of the class, i.e. including its package, and classpath should point to
the root of the package hierarchy.

Try the following:

D:\Products\Tomcat_4.1_004\webapps\SAM_MPP\WEB-INF\classes>java
 -classpath . admintool.CSVParser

Also, if you are not the only java developer there, try asking your
colleagues for help.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko