Christopher Schultz schrieb:
> So, this appears to be my problem, but two things confuse me:
>
> 1. The command-line looks just fine to me in the first place.
> and

The startup script contains some "$variable" and variable is empty if
there is no logging.properties. The shell then gives an empty arg to the
JVM, which does not tolerate this. You can see the same effect with

  java "" -version

> 2. TC 5.5.26 is working without a problem.

The problem was introduced, because in order to allow paths with spaces
in them, a lot of quotation marks were added to the startup script, and
that's what made the difference. An empty variable without quotation
marks is just stripped by the shell, one with quotation marks is an
empty argument.

Regards,

Rainer