AD schrieb:
> Hassan,
>
>  Sorry about the copy/paste issue, i meant to use AJP
>
>  My issue is that the tomcat app, seems to want to redirect to
> /myapp1/some/file.html for a 302 (as an example) which is causing the
> issue.  is there a way around this  ?  This path gets back to apache which
> gets back to the end user who does not know how to process /myapp1/ in the
> browser.
>
>  Any reason this is a "bad" idea ?

The reverse directive shoudn't refer to the balancer-URL, but instead it
should contain the redirect URL your tomcat produces. Like:

ProxyPassReverse / http://mytomcat1:8009/myapp1/
ProxyPassReverse / http://mytomcat2:8009/myapp1/

and mytomcat1, mytomcat2 depend on what your Tomcat instances actually
send back as a redirect (Location header). In the case of forwarding via
 AJP instead of HTTP, Tomcat should automatically use server name and
port of your Apache, and only the context name should need to get fixed:

ProxyPassReverse / http://myapache/myapp1/

Regards,

Rainer