Pid wrote:
David Smith wrote:
André Warnier wrote:
David Smith wrote:
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
... for that Microsoft should be awarded the opposite of the
Nobel peace prize.

 - Chuck
That would be the Darwin award :-)

--David

Now, call me thick, but that one I don't get.

Google for the Darwin Awards.  It's awards for people who through their
own stupidity remove themselves from the gene pool.

Maybe there should be a Dawkins award, for people who successfully
removed bad ideas from the meme pool.

(you may groan, ... /now/)

Considering what is happening in the world at large, I don't think that such an award could be attributed annually though, nor with any kind of regularity. Considering how easily they spread and how difficult they are to eradicate, it would even seem that bad ideas procure some kind of selective advantage (an increase in fertility for example).