take a look at this setup for atomikosTransactionManager as a ref for
org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager 'transactionManager'

    <bean id="atomikosTransactionManager"
class="com.atomikos.icatch.jta.UserTransactionManager" init-method="init"
destroy-method="close">
        <property

    </bean>

    <bean id="atomikosUserTransaction"
class="com.atomikos.icatch.jta.UserTransactionImp" />

    <bean id="transactionManager"
class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager">
        <property name="transactionManager"><ref
bean="atomikosTransactionManager"/></property>
        <property name="userTransaction"><ref
bean="atomikosUserTransaction"/></property>
        <property name="transactionSynchronizationName"
value="SYNCHRONIZATION_ON_ACTUAL_TRANSACTION"/>
    </bean>

http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=38266

let me know..
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.