I use tomcat/shared/lib for this, but I don't know how appropriate that is.

-----Original Message-----
From: Raghu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 16 October 2008 15:38
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: common jars for all applications in tomcat

I have different applications using spajco.jar

I have this jars in web-inf/lib folder of all the applications used like
struts, log4j,servlet,sapjco.jar.etc...

But I get this error sometimes.

SO to have one JCO instance for one JVM instance I need to moved them to
$CATALINA_BASE/common/lib

Exception: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:
Could not load middleware layer "com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC"

Native library /usr/local/sapjco/libsapjcorfc.so already loaded in another
classloder.

My questions is where is the correct folder to have the common jar files
which are shared across multiple applications

$CATALINA_BASE/shared/lib    or      $CATALINA_BASE/common/lib.

This  message  may  contain  confidential and  privileged  information.
If you  are not the  intended recipient  you should not  disclose, copy
or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance
on its contents.  To do so is strictly  prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please  inform  the  sender that  this  message has  gone astray before
deleting it.  Thank you.

2008 marks the 60th anniversary of the NHS.  It's an opportunity to pay
tribute to the NHS staff and volunteers who help shape the service, and
celebrate their achievements.

If you work for the NHS  and  would like  an NHSmail  email account, go
to: www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail