We set a secure cookie over HTTPS using:

javax.servlet.http.Cookie cookie = new javax.servlet.http.Cookie(name, value);
cookie.setVersion(1);
cookie.setMaxAge(60*60*24*90); // 90 days in seconds
cookie.setSecure(request.isSecure());
response.addCookie(cookie);

This works in Firefox and Chrome. But in IE 6 and 7 (and I think Safari) it appears to work okay as long as the browser is not closed, when it appears to be forgotten. Do those browsers not persist secure cookies, or is there something else we're doing wrong?

In Firefox, the cookie info appears correct and reports values like we expect:
Name: e
Value: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Host: myhostname.com
Expires: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:55:13 GMT
Session cookie: No
Secure cookie: Yes

Any ideas why IE is not persisting? Is this a security function not to write a secure cookie to disk?

Thanks,
David